Textured Abstract Acrylic - A Clast of It's Own

A Clast of It's Own is an abstract scientific view.  I found a colorful type of sandstone with a great green hue to it.  It is called Raj Sandstone from India.  It also has some browns and purple highlights within it.  I found this was just what I needed to bring dimension to the usual sandstone colors.
 

This highly textured abstract acrylic piece has it all, with the swirl of  line and pattern, gritty and touchable combed texture, and color palette giving it a natural Southwestern feel.  I am calling it A CLAST OF ITS OWN after the scientific name of sandstone.


I can see this piece both a cleaner modern home, as well as more rustic Southwestern style home. 



You can buy a piece or view a gallery of my work at ETSY, YESSY or Fine Art America to buy prints and other merchandise at:  http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/gail-stivers.html