Art imitates Life

After getting through with my cellular painting, I again amazed at the parallels one finds in life.  Here I am working with images of cancerous cells, fascinated by the images.  Here I am torturing myself over what and how to create these images.  As someone who works in a medical facility with a Hematologist/Oncologist, cancer has already touched me in that I have found people I came to care for and enjoy, just to have them suddenly gone the next day.....the next week.  Then I have watched people who have fought the fight with a great attitude and a fighting spirit, who have defeated the monster.  I watched my own father who had to go through this fight.  Now I find someone I have begun to look at as a mentor in this art field is now touched by this, and I feel embarassed over the fascination and playfulness I took when working with this piece.  God, I hate to cry....